Calpine Winter Harvest Festival (Indoor Farmer's Market) Happening This Sunday
Plan to come out to the Calpine Community Center on Sunday, Dec. 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the indoor Farmer's Market. All items are fresh picked at the farms the day prior. Most are organic; all other offerings are naturally and sustainably raised. Pre-ordering of produce is strongly encouraged but there will be some items for sale day-of, plus see below for meats, wine and more that does not involve pre-ordering, that can be purchased. To place your order go to:https://www.managemy.coop/Coop/Details/2243 Orders MUST BE RECEIVED BY TOMORROW That's Friday, December 9 at 6 p.m.In addition to produce, attendees can purchase: - Pork from the Sage Eggs & Ham Farm located in Beckwourth. The pork can be pre-ordered to reserve specific cuts, but is not required. The pork hails from pasture-raised heritage breeds that are fed a diet of primarily locally raised hay which results in moist, delicious, healthy meat. - Lamb meat, almonds, walnuts, wool blankets, yarn and felted soap from Harvey Farms in Calpine; there will be no pre-orders for these products. The lamb is from sheep that are free ranged here in the Sierra Valley and if you haven't tried this lamb, it's highly recommended as it is mild tasting and delicious.
- Wine from Grant and Marie Winery with tasting for adults.
- Baked vegan goodies and hot food (both with meat and without) from Diane's Fresh Food (local area chef); no pre-orders necessary; these items will be available to go!
- Gift certificates from each of the vendors. Donations will also be accepted to local food missions which can be given in someone's name--these make excellent stocking stuffers.
- Pre-order at the market pork, lamb, and baked goods for your Christmas and New Year's gatherings.
- Jewelry made by the very talented Martin A. DavidThere is plenty of space available for artists, craftspeople and nonprofits interested in exhibiting at the January market.